Soups are one of the best things to make because you throw everything into a pot and call it a day. Plus, I have some awesome hacks to make this soup even easier.
I use loads of different vegetables but feel free to substitute whatever you like! That is what is so great about this recipe is that the basic idea is there, but you are able to customize it depending on what you or your family enjoys. I personally love sweet potatoes but some people don’t so feel free to add regular old potatoes to this instead.
Hearty Chicken & Vegetable Soup
Serves: 6 Servings
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 large carrots, sliced
5 stalks of celery, diced
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon salt
½ tablespoon pepper
½ tablespoon onion powder
½ tablespoon dried oregano
3 small sweet potatoes, diced
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
8 cups chicken broth
½ lb Rotini pasta
2 chicken breast, shredded
3 cups fresh spinach
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, butter and seasonings. Put a lid on it and let it soften.
- Once softened and brown, add diced sweet potatoes and cover.
- After 5 minutes, add mushrooms and chicken broth. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Let it come to a simmer for about 15 minutes or until sweet potatoes become tender.
- Add pasta and shredded chicken. Let it simmer for 5-10 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
- Turn off the heat and add the spinach. Stir and cover until spinach is wilted.
Calories: 344 per bowl