Eating breakfast is a struggle in itself but eating something healthy and fast is near impossible.
So many times, we result to having a doughnut, a bagel or something that just screams, “I had no time to eat this morning so I grabbed what I could.”
Well, that stops here with these healthy and flavorful quinoa omelette bites! Full of cheese and flavor, these bites are so easy to make ahead, store in the fridge and grab and go in the morning.
Healthy Quinoa Omelette Bites
1 cup cooked quinoa
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 garlic clove, minced
1/3 fresh spinach, chopped
2 egg whites, beaten
Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. *If you make more than a cup of cooked quinoa, set aside and use for a great side dish or to make more of these bites!
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Combine quinoa and cheese together and mix.
- Add garlic, spinach, eggs and salt/pepper.
- Spray your mini-muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill up mixture to the top of the muffin tin tray.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until the bites have set and have pulled away from the pan.
Feel free to customize to what you like! Add more or less spinach – or substitute it completely for mushrooms or peppers. Change up the cheese to something else (I love mozzarella) – it is completely up to you!
Have fun and happy eating!