Sweet potatoes are so amazing and so great for you and your weight loss. They are such an easy substitute for regular potatoes and can so versatile that they can be added to any meal, like my Hearty Chicken and Spinach Noodle Soup.
This is a side dish that is a perfect compliment to any meal and if you have some leftovers, bring them for lunch the next day!
Again, feel free to add whatever you like. Some people don’t like sour cream or parmesan cheese so add or remove whatever you like. I think the sour cream adds a creamy texture that milk can’t add.
Garlic Parmesan Mashed Sweet Potatoes
5 small sweet potatoes, diced
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp salt
1/2 tbsp pepper
1/2 tbsp dried oregano
2 tbsp Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic seasoning
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup low-fat milk
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Dice up the sweet potatoes into small pieces so they can cook faster. Add them to a large pot and fill with warm water.
- Bring to a boil and let them cook until fork tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, return to pot and immediately the butter and seasonings.
- Mash the potatoes until chunky (I use a large fork, but feel free to use a hand mixer.)
- Mix in the sour cream and milk until creamy.
* If you don’t have Tastefully Simple’s Garlic Garlic seasoning, just add one glove of chopped garlic and a little bit of extra seasoning to taste but I highly suggest buying it … I use it in everything!
* If you use a hand mixer, do not over mix! If you over mix and it becomes too whipped, the starches will do something weird and it will become very gummy.
Calories: 362 calories per serving, serves 4