Fajitas sound intimidating. I will go out to a restaurant and order fajitas because of that scorching hot plate that comes out and makes my steak, peppers and onions sizzle and steam. I think to myself, “I could never make that at home.”
Well, think again.
One of the best pieces of equipment to have in your house for anyone who is busy but likes home-cooked meals is a slow cooker/crock pot. It is purely magical. Throw anything in, let it go on high for a little bit of a quicker cooking or if you put it in before you leave for work and come home for another 8 hours, you can throw it on slow and let it do its thing!
Not only can you make steak fajitas in a slow cooker but it only takes 5 INGREDIENTS.
5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas
2 cups salsa
2 bell peppers, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 packet fajita seasoning
8 oz flank steak
- Put the salsa on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Slice up the peppers and onions and put them on top of the salsa.
- Sprinkle half the packet of fajita seasoning on top of the peppers and onions.
- Add the steak on top of the peppers and onions.
- Sprinkle remaining fajita seasoning on top of the steak.
- Turn slow cooker on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5 hours.
- Once the meat is tender, turn the pot on warm and slice up the steak.
- Once sliced, add it back into the warm pot and combine.
I mean, seriously. Can it get any easier?
You can easily substitute the steak for chicken (without the bones) and you can add more or less peppers and onions.
Serve up some Spanish rice and get some tortillas and toppings and you are all set for a fajita night! This also keeps great in the refrigerator if you have leftovers to take to work or school the next day!